1) Non-local ("strain-gradient") effects
on the constitutive behaviour of polycrystalline metals undergoing plastic
2) Mechanical behaviour of syntactic foams:
homogenisation techniques and micromechanical analysis of the failure
3) Electrochemomecanical problems, with emphasis on
ionic polymer metal composites.
4) Homogenisation methods for composite
behaviour of epoxy resins in the glassy state.
6) Extended variational principles applied
to the structural dynamics.
7) Analysis and design of sandwinch panels made up
of composite materials and concrete-timber composite beams.
7) Numerical integration of nonlinear constitutive
equations, also under structural constraints, within finite element codes.